Friday, March 24, 2017

Tampa Bay Downs - A Day at the Races

 
 

So in an effort to meet more local photographers, I joined one of those Meetups groups, The St. Petersburg Photography Group, led by Frank and Brenda Lamica. This has been a pretty active group and there are always meetups planned along with online challenges.

 

 
 

When I saw they were going to Tampa Bay Downs, a place I've been wanting to shoot at anyways, on a day I had off I decided to tag along.

 
 
I may have been packing a little too much lens (100-400mm), but hey...I filled the frame (mostly) and got some sharp panning shots.
 
 
 
 
We had access that most people don't get. During the races we were right on the rail, and for the turf race we got to walk across the sand course and lay on the ground with the horses running right at us!
 
 
Thanks for looking, and thanks to the St. Petersburg Photography Group for setting this up!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment